Among the multiple benefits that weight loss brings along, oodles of confidence is an assured outcome. However, there might be certain phases during the weight loss journey itself, when self doubt and skepticism sets in, and you feel demotivated and lose confidence – and this happens when you hit a plateau and do not see much progress even with sticking to the diet program and consistent exercise. When the confidence dips, mustering the will power and motivation to continue along can be quite difficult. That’s why, we have listed out 8 amazing ways to boost confidence during the weight loss journey, so that you can reach successfully at the place where you had planned to be.
1. Remember Why you Started: When you feel like quitting, remember why you started! Whether it’s to get healthy, get fit, improve lab profile, or to fit into an old pair of jeans, remember the reason why you actually decided and made the effort to shed extra pounds. Going over the real reason that got you motivated in the beginning will give you a new boost of confidence.
2. Set Realistic, Short-Term Goals: To avoid disappointment, set short-term goals. It’s essential to determine how much extra weight you want to lose eventually, but break it up into short-term goals because they can be achieved relatively easily and within a short period of time. Start by making smaller and achievable goals, like reducing 1 kg per week, because that would take the pressure off, and will not leave you overwhelmed. When you achieve short-term goals, it will give you the motivation and positive energy to move towards the next goal, and you would eventually reach your long-term goal (which could be losing 15 kg or 25 kg overall).
3. Understand that you are Work in Progress: Don’t give into the pressure to look a certain way or a particular size or physique. Give your diet enough time to work and never beat yourself for slow progress, you will get there eventually.
4. Be Kind to Yourself: Be proud of yourself, and the progress you have achieved so far.
5. Look at Other Non-Scale Victories: Don’t be disheartened and lose confidence if even with your continuous efforts, the weighing scale isn’t budging in your favour, because there are other more important non-scale victories that you may actually not be noticing. Getting fixated on fluctuating numbers on the scale can leave you disappointed and demotivated because it only shows limited progress, making you ignore other positive changes that have happened both internally and externally. Being aware of these victories and celebrating them can boost your confidence and motivate you to keep going, work hard, and get to a healthier version of yourself. In this post, we have listed “18 Non-Scale Victories that prove that you are losing weight.”
6. Compete with yourself, Not Others: This quote sums it up “if you continuously compete with others, you will become bitter, but if you compete with yourself, you become better!”
7. Exercise Regularly and Consistently: Not just to lose weight, evidence suggests that regular exercise (in any form) boosts mental health, reduces anxiety, and boosts confidence as well.
8. Finally, believe that you can do it and reach your goal weight. Most importantly, follow a good weight loss diet such as Rati Beauty diet, workout regularly, and success will be yours.